Benefit events are a wonderful way to raise money for schools, nonprofits, and religious organizations. There are many revenue strategies to consider for your event including silent auction tables, raffles, games, party boards, live auction, and special appeal/fund a need.
Including a live auction as part of your benefit event is a great way to bring in significant money for your group. This post will focus specifically on tips for your live auction to ensure your success.
1. Hire a professional auctioneer.
3. Close the silent auction before the live auction begins (unless it's an online silent auction).
6. Limit auction to 10 items or less.
7. Showcase items with powerpoint slides with most compelling bullet points.
11. Include a special appeal in your live program.
13. Keep table decorations low to avoid obstructing the view for your auctioneer and bid spotters.
14. Avoid minimum bids.
Be sure to check out my other blog posts on live auctions:
Michael Faith Benefit Auctioneer and fundraising professional